Become a Youth Commissioner!
Applications to become a San Mateo County Youth Commissioner are available every spring! Check back for the 2016-2017 application.
Click here for the 2016-2017 application. .
Here are the requirements for eligibility:
- Live or attend school in San Mateo County
- Be between the ages of 13-20
- Be able to commit to the Youth Commission between August – June (At least 3 meetings per month)
- Be able to attend the Youth Commission public meetings held on the 4th Thursday of the month from 6:15-8:15PM
- Be able to attend the Youth Commission workgroup meetings held on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 6:15-8:15PM
- Join one of the four Youth Commission Committees (meeting times vary, and are determined by the committee members in the Fall
- Have the time and energy to commit yourself to attending and participating in meetings, and supporting other commission activities/events
- Be able to attend a weekend retreat in August/September 2016
- Complete the application, including a letter of recommendation
For any questions in the application process, contact Fahad Qurashi at firstname.lastname@example.org